Software and outsourcing company Infosys is reportedly planning to hire people with liberal arts and design skills. This is a clear indication that outsourcing firms are now moving towards high-value services. It is a part of the company’s efforts to develop new digital applications to meet the demand of new digital deals. According to reports, Infosys may hire a few thousand people with arts and other non-engineering degrees to work on new digital applications. Infosys and other technology companies are seeing an increasing number of digital contracts where the solutions are often created with clients. In June, Infosys partnered with the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) to train about 1,000 designers over the next two years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information