Global IT and outsourcing major Infosys, which operates contact centers in the Philippines, has announced that it has forged a collaboration with Cornell University with the goal of training employees in emerging technologies such as blockchain, machine learning, and human computer interaction. Under the partnership, at least 3,000 employees of Infosys around the world will join in a collective certification program while others will participate course-by-course. According to the press release from Infosys, the joint program will also seek to impart skills in the field of data analytics, design, systems thinking, critical thinking and engineering using Cornell’s eCornell virtual learning platform. Tan Moorthy, executive vice president and global head of education training and assessments at Infosys, took pride in the partnership saying the university is known in the field of technology and as a breeding ground for talent.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information