India’s third-biggest outsourcing and information technology services firm, Wipro, has concluded the divestment of its data center operations in India. In a regulatory filing Monday, Wipro said it completed the divestment to Ensono, an American-run IT services specialist. The divestment of the data center in India had a consideration of US$6 million. In June of this year, Wipro also completed the divestment of Wipro Data Centre, Cloud Services Inc., and a portion of their data center business in Germany and UK, to Ensono for US$399 million. Ensono and Wipro have entered into a long-term partnership agreement to jointly address the hybrid IT requirements of Wipro’s new and existing enterprise clients. As part of the agreement, Wipro is enjoined to make a strategic investment of US$55 million in Ensono. Wipro said the deal would see a transition of eight data centers and over 900 employees of the hosted data center services business to Ensono.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information