Dutch financial giant ING has unveiled plans to expand its global shared services hub in the Philippines to meet the rising demand for processing services from its wholesale banking operations in Asia and Europe. Cees Ovelgonne, head of ING’s shared services center in the country, disclosed that the office expansion demonstrates the company’s strong commitment to Philippine BPO sector. ING’s global shared services center in Manila doubled its staff count from 250 in 2015 and is expected to continue to grow over the next few years. ING started 27 years ago as a representative office in the Philippines, eventually becoming the first foreign bank in the country to be upgraded into a universal bank. In 2013, it opened the ING Global Services Operations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information