India’s information technology-business process management (IT-BPM) industry is projected to hit USD350bn by 2025, creating huge employment opportunities, according to Nasscom executive council member Keshav Murugesh during the recent C Summit in New York. Last year, India’s IT and BPM industry created 170,000 new jobs in 2016 and 600,000 jobs in the last three years. Attended by business leaders from a wide range of industries, the summit has reestablished the continued relevance of the Indian IT-BPM industry to businesses across the globe. Among the participants were those from the telecom, banking, healthcare, technology solutions, and consumer goods sectors.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information