A number of business process outsourcing (BPO) companies in Israel are reportedly looking at the Philippines for their expansion plans, according to Israeli Ambassador to the Philippines Effie Ben-Matityau. The Israeli diplomat said BPO firms in his country have already noticed the popularity of the Philippines as a call center capital, prompting some to further explore opportunities in the country. He, however, did not name the BPO companies interested in the Philippine outsourcing industry. Ben-Matityau made the disclosure after announcing that Filipinos who want to visit Israel can now enter the country without visa. Some 15,000 Filipinos visit Israel mostly for pilgrimage each year, while nearly the same number of Israelis, including young backpackers, tour the Philippines, according to Ben-Matityau.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information