Itamar Gero, President of the Israel Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (ICCP), has urged both the public and private sectors in the country to invest in quality education to achieve its goal of becoming a global technology and innovation driver. Gero said now is the time for the Philippines and the Filipinos to take everything they learn and move forward very fast in terms of adopting technological advancements. But everything, he said, starts with education. If the curriculum is being updated to reflect the preparation for a very technical or technological time ahead, the Philippines is sure to be a major player in the future. The business-process outsourcing (BPO) industry brings a lot of technology, knowledge and opportunities that people are now capitalizing on, Gero added. He also recommended that the government allow foreign ownership of businesses that are education-related to bring in external knowledge that is most relevant and up-to-date to international standards.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information