Online hiring by the IT-BPO sector saw an overall decline of 2% in the first three months of the year, with the steepest drop registered in March, according to the latest Monster Employment Index (MEI) by Monster.com. Online hiring by IT-BPO firms slowed to 13% of the total in the month. In contrast, overall online recruitment in the country for the quarter grew by 14% compared with last year, with human resources admin professionals recording the highest growth in demand among job roles, rising 18%. Marketing and advertising also fared well, enjoying an upward trend since August 2017, according to the report. Monster said the spike in hiring activity at the start of the year comes as no surprise, as it is maintaining the country’s overall positive hiring trend recorded in 2017. MEI Philippines is a monthly gauge of online job posting activity, based on a real-time review of millions of employer job opportunities from online job listings nationwide.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information