Online hiring in the information technology – business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) industry slowed in the second quarter of this year, according to the Monster Employment Index. During the April-June period, online hiring for the IT-BPO industry in the country dropped 4% from the previous three months. The drop pulled down overall online hiring by 3%. On a year-on-year basis, however, the Monster index showed the online hiring for the IT-BPO industry rose 9%, suggesting expansion will continue this year. Online hiring by banks and financial institutions surged by double digits in the period, however. Hiring for human resources jobs posted the fastest growth rate at 25.7%, according to the Monster Index. The negative growth in IT-BPO online hiring was recorded amid uncertainty surrounding the government’s second tax reform bill.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information