Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) assistant secretary John Henry Naga has been promoted to an undersecretary at the agency. The appointment follows that of Eliseo M Rio Jr. who was appointed acting DICT secretary by President Rodrigo Duterte recently. Naga, a law graduate, now joins Denis Villorente and Monchito Ibrahim as undersecretaries at the agency, which oversees the country’s outsourcing industry. Aside from his new role as undersecretary, Naga will also serve as chief of staff to the secretary, taking over from DICT assistant secretary Carlos Caliwala. President Duterte has not yet named a long-term DICT secretary, although Senator Gringon Honasan has been rumored to be in the running for the position. Honasan’s term as a senator ends in 2019.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information