The newly implemented K-12 educational program of the Philippine government will further boost the country’s already booming business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, according to Convergys Philippines chairman Marife Zamora during a business forum in Manila. Zamora said the K-to-12 program will make Filipinos more prepared for being more competitive. The K-12 program adds two more years to high school education, in conformity with the global standards. Zamora said high school graduates under the K-12 program are better equipped with the proper skills to thrive in different industries, including BPO. Convergys currently has 60,000 employees in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information