A survey conducted by global advisory firm Willis Towers Watson showed that the attrition rate in the country continued last year, growing by 3 percentage points to 15% from 2014. The 2015 Total Rewards Survey said turnover rates in Philippine companies continued to rise last year as more employees sought better pay opportunities and flexible work arrangements. The survey, which involved 300 companies, said better pay was the most common reason why employees in the Philippine left a company. This was followed by relocation or family migration, relationship with supervisor, health-related reasons and flexible work arrangement or work-life balance. The survey also noted the perception that the BPO and IT sectors dominated employee pay in the Philippines. Willis Towers Watson said the banking and financial services industry paid the highest.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information