Due to the robust information technology and telecom sectors, the knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) market is expected to witness significant growth. According to Crystal Market Research-Technology it is set to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 23.13%, or US$122.59 billion, by 2023. In 2014, the market was worth US$18.85 billion. The research showed that services in IT and telecom divisions will significantly develop in the following years. It added that the increased need for higher flexibility in Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and simplicity in change administration, alongside cost cutting will also help develop the KPO industry. The market’s leading players are Moody’s Investors Service, HCL Technologies, Accenture, Mphasis, Wipro, EXL Service Hadapsar, McKinsey and Company, and Genpact. In 2016, the Asia Pacific region dominated the market with the highest number of KPO firms and consultancies. This was attributed to fast off-shoring of critical procedures and expert administrations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information