The Philippine business process outsourcing (BPO) industry could hit a ceiling due to a lack of skilled workers, according to a prominent economist. University of the Philippines economist Benjamin Diokno said the country needs to invest in health and education and create an ample, able workforce to keep the BPO industry growing. He said the BPO industry had been one of the most important contributors to the Philippine growth story, expanding twice as fast as the entire economy. The industry has also helped bring down unemployment from 8% to 6% of the population.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information