With the Philippines losing some of its momentum in the call center industry last year, Latin America rose to more prominence as an outsourcing option. The Global Call Center Location Trend Report 2019, released by Site Selection Group, revealed that Latin America has nabbed the Philippines’ previous position as an ideal call center destination for investors. In fact, the report said that the region saw expansions increase by more than half, or 53%, in 2018 over the previous year. In addition, some 25,000 jobs were created at 34 new projects within the Latin American and Caribbean regions, thanks to growth drivers like the need to consolidate pan-Latin American projects and to serve clients in high-cost locations such as the United States. Site Selection Group chief executive King White said these regions are benefiting from the decreased growth in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information