Japanese convenience store chain Lawson is expanding in the Philippines with eye on office spaces that have outsourcing companies as tenants. Lawson and its Philippine partner, supermarket operator Puregold Price Club, are developing a franchising formula and will test the model in late 2016. According to John Hao, the investor relations head of Puregold, PG Lawson will partner with independent property developers to gain access to office spaces with tenants like BPO companies that operate 24/7. PG Lawson has set a medium-term target of opening 500 outlets in the Philippines by 2020. Convenience stores are now riding high on the rapid growth of the country’s BPO industry by setting up stores near IT parks or in buildings occupied by outsourcing companies.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information