A group of outsourcing companies in the Philippines is looking at hiring a research group or lobbyist to monitor the threat of rising American protectionism. This was revealed by IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines Chairman Ike Amigo. He said outsourcing companies in the Philippines, whose clients are mainly US companies, are keeping an eye on developments in the Trump administration. Outsourcing companies in the Philippines have expressed worries that Donald Trump’s plan to bring jobs back to America will extend into services. An economist at Credit Suisse Group AG in Singapore was quoted as saying that Trump is one of the biggest risks facing outsourcing revenue.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information