A local ICT jobs website announced that it wants to help streamline the job hunting and hiring process by matching applicants with the right employers. Fred Tshidimba, CEO and founder of ICTjob.ph, said the initiative is being done through the job portal and is focused on helping unemployed ICT professionals in Cebu and Davao. Tshidimba added that the job portal will soon launch a “proprietary tool” in the form of a skills matrix which will allow self-taught jobseekers to highlight skills they did not acquire through the traditional educational system. It will also identify whether applicants have knowledge in the skills they mentioned in their application form, such as Java and Python. Tshidimba said his company currently has 60 firms onboard and that they aim to have about 30,000 firms and startups who can post their vacancies on the portal. ICTjob.ph also offers internships with its partner universities aside from providing job opportunities.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information