Malaybalay City in Bukidnon is fast shaping up to be the next destination for business process outsourcing (BPO) services outside Metro Manila. At least six call center firms are looking to locate to the city. Two of the call center firms are expected to start operations within the year said Robert Tinsay, vice chairman of the Malaybalay Information and Communications Technology Council. The operations will generate at least 1,000 jobs this year and another 2,000 jobs next year. Tinsay said the city’s efforts to attract ICT investors are now gaining traction and hopes the other four firms will open next year. He added that the city government and local ICT players want to give more focus to BPO because of its potential to create more jobs. The private sector is playing a key role in bringing in investments to Bukidnon, Tinsay added.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information