According to global strategic advisory firm Tholons, this year the Philippines has climbed to second in the top globalization destinations in the world. The improved ranking was attributed to the country’s thriving business process outsourcing (BPO) industry. The 2018 Services Globalization Index saw the Philippines rise to second in the ‘Top 50 Digital Nations’ after coming third last year. India continues to dominate the list with Brazil in third place. Other countries in the top 10 are the United States, Mexico, Canada, Russia, Vietnam, Colombia, and South Africa. BPO is an economic lifeline in the Philippines with over 1.15 million Filipinos working in the industry. The industry, along with remittances from overseas workers, remains one of the top two earners of foreign exchange for the Philippines. Six Philippine cities also featured in the ‘Top 100 Super Cities’ with Manila rising from fourth to second in 2017.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information