Philippine developer and office spaces lessor Megaworld expects to generate around 50,000 full-time direct jobs in the business process outsourcing (BPOS sector once its three huge townships in the Visayas are completed. Megaworld is mapping out the so-called “Visayas BPO Triangle” with its three developments in Iloilo, Cebu and Bacolod. The townships will provide around 175,000 square meters of office space for the BPO industry in the three key cities within the next three years. The target is to bring it up to 225,000 square meters by 2020, depending on market demand, said Jericho Go, Megaworld’s senior vice president. In Cebu, Megaworld’s Mactan Newtown development is expected to provide around 80,000 square meters of office spaces by next year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information