After incurring delays in getting a certificate to operate in the Philippines, Mislatel has deferred the target date of its commercial operations to the early part of 2021. The initial target date was supposedly late 2020. Hoping to become the third telecom operator in the Philippines, Mislatel is the joint venture between China Telecom and local businesses owned by business magnate Dennis Uy. According to the Department of Information and Communications Technology, it is still waiting for a ratified congressional resolution affirming the validity of Mislatel’s franchise before the department will issue a certificate of public convenience. However, if the certificate will not be issued this month, the commencement date may be further delayed, company officials said. Last month, the Senate approved a change in ownership of the franchise to a consortium, reportedly to go around issues surrounding franchise validity.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information