In order to trim down costs some of the large asset management firms have started to outsource their trading operations, according to new research from consultancy Opimas. Over the past few months, the global asset management industry has been hit by volatile markets that have impacted profits, increasing pressure to lower fees and costs. Already, many small fund managers have cut costs by outsourcing some of their trading operations. According to Opimas estimates, 20% of asset managers with more than US$50 billion under management will outsource some of their operations by 2022. This trend is forecast to boost revenue growth between 20% and 30% annually for outsourced trading desk providers such as CF Global Trading and Tourmaline Partners.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information