A digital service provider has observed a growing number of companies devoting their resources to technological investments in a bid to capitalize on the wave of digitalization. Philip Hazen, senior managing director for intelligent platform services at Accenture, cited those firms belonging to the Fortune 500, saying they have come to the realization that the disruption caused by the digital shift affects everyone across industries. He added that this includes insurance, capital markets, and even the utilities sector. The focus for many companies now, according to Hazen, is how they can better leverage technology in their businesses. That involves the challenge of defending themselves against competition and delivering more value. He said there are some emerging markets that take advantage of technology much more aggressively that those in other parts of the globe.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information