Close to 6,000 jobs were placed with the John Hay Management Corporation (JHMC), a government-owned and government-controlled establishment located in northern Philippines. In an interview, JHMC president and chief executive officer Allan Garcia noted that the firm recorded 5,928 jobs placed last year, with the majority of the workers hired coming from Baguio, La Trinidad, Itogon, Sablan Tuba, and Tublay – collectively known as the BLISTT areas. Garcia explained that workers from that region were prioritized in the hiring, as part of a thrust to provide job opportunities to those living close to where the company operates. In fact, 5,513 of the total hires were from the BLISTT area and only 415 were from other places. In the previous year, some 5,442 were hired from BLISTT while 388 were from non-BLISTT places. Business process outsourcing firms and retail establishments contributed to the increase in job generation, Garcia explained.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information