More buses will operate in Cebu City to safely transport night-time workers, including business process outsourcing (BPO) staff, for free. City Assistant Administrator Annabeth Cuizon said the Metro Rapid Transit Service Inc. (MRTSI) will deploy three buses next week. Each bus can accommodate up to 42 individuals and will run from 9pm to 5am. The buses will operate services from I.T. Park, where most BPO firms are located, to Juan Luna Avenue and vice versa. Cuizon said the city will shoulder the buses’ fuel expenses as stipulated under the memorandum of agreement signed between Mayor Tomas Osmeña and MRTSI General Manager Arnold Famudulan. The agreement also stipulates that MRTSI has the authority to decrease the number of buses and amend bus timetables. Following the death of two call center agents there are already city-owned buses ferrying BPO workers for free.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information