The Negros Occidental Provincial government has been doubling its efforts to further develop its business process outsourcing (BPO) industry and attract more locators in the province. However, an industry expert said the province should also delve into knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) and information process outsourcing (IPO) if it wants to secure its share in the IT industry. Jocelle Batapa-Sigue, executive director of the Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation for Information and Communications Technology (BNEFIT), said the provincial government and the private sector have to work together to broaden the province’s IT specialization. But more than just focusing on BPO, Batapa-Sigue said the province should also try to develop its KPO and IPO industries to meet modern demands.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information