A portal launched by the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT), the IT & Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP), and the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines (NICP) now allows local government units to promote their locations as IT-BPO hubs. The portal, digitalcitiesPH, seeks to ensure that economic benefits to the Philippines as one of the top global providers of IT-BPO services will spread to areas outside of Metro Manila and Cebu. According to DICT Undersecretary Monchito Ibrahim, the digitalcitiesPH portal will initially host 35 LGUs promoting their areas as viable locations for IT-BPO investments. These areas include Davao, Iloilo, Bacolod and Clark, among others. IBPAP President and Chief Executive Officer Rey Untal said the digitalcitiesPH portal will be a tool for LGUs to bring in more IT-BPO jobs to the emerging cities of the country, by providing information to interested investors on the capacity of their local talents, infrastructure, costs and ease of doing business, and digital readiness.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information