Global tech outsourcing giant Accenture said its year-round training and upskilling program has prevented any job losses to date. Accenture group operating officer Manish Sharma and operations lead in the Philippines Benedict Hernandez, said that even though the company has been automating at significant levels for quite a few years, no employees have been lost at the company as redundant positions have been upscaled. Headcount has actually increased. Hernandez said Accenture’s objective is to automate all the mundane repetitive functions of a job, and give workers only the tasks that are “intellectually stimulating”. A study conducted by Accenture and research firm firm HfS Research showed that enterprises using intelligent operations are better equipped to overcome digital disruption, enhance customer experience and yield quality business outcomes amid the onslaught of emerging technologies.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information