Mindanao Islamic Telephone Company (Mislatel) is officially the Philippines’ new third telecommunications player, the National Telecommunications Commission confirmed. Mislatel is a consortium composed of Udenna Corp, its subsidiary Chelsea Logistics Holdings, and China Telecommunications. Udenna Corp is a company owned by President Rodrigo Duterte’s campaign donor Dennis Uy. The confirmation signals the start of a 90-day period in which required documents must be submitted to begin processing the Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity, (CPCN). Department of Information and Communications Technology acting secretary Eliseo Rio Jr. said it’s now time for Mislatel to deliver its promise. In its first year Mislatel vowed to deliver a minimum average broadband speed of 27 Mbps, increasing to 55 Mbps over the next four years as stipulated in its Highest Committed Level of Service bid. Three groups submitted bids but two bidders, Sear Telecom and Philippine Telegraph and Telephone Corp. (PTT), were disqualified for failing to meet certain requirements.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information