A survey conducted by research firm Cogencia showed that Philippine companies scored poorly in terms of LGBT-inclusive policies. The survey polled 100 companies employing 267,231 staff and showed that not a single Filipino firm has any LGBT-inclusive policy. Only 17% of the 100 companies surveyed have policies in place and all of those are BPO firms that are headquartered overseas. Additionally, 57% of companies have nothing about diversity and inclusivity in their policies. The survey also found that the same 57% did not express interest in creating policies and benefits in the next five years for their LGBT staff. The companies surveyed were put into four categories: Philippine-based organizations, foreign-headquartered, government, and BPO.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information