The National Telecommunications Commission’s selection committee has denied the separate motions for reconsideration of two disqualified third telco bidders—Sear Telecommunications, and Philippine Telephone and Telegraph Corporation (PT&T). The committee, in its November 12 ruling, stood firm on its decision to disqualify PT&T for failure to submit a certification of technical capability from the NTC. The committee also rejected the appeal of the Sear consortium, composed of Luis “Chavit” Singson-led LCS Group of Companies and Davao-based TierOne Communications, questioning its disqualification. Sear was disqualified for its failure to pay the P700-million participation security. Sear also sought to declare the winning bidder, Mindanao Islamic Telephone Company (Mislatel) consortium of Dennis Uy’s Udenna Corp., Chelsea Logistics Corp, and China Telecommunications Corp., guilty of misrepresentation of facts and concealing material evidence in the bidding.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information