The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) has lauded Cebu’s jobs market performance given the high education and skill level of its workforce. However, OECD-Local Economic and Employment Development program senior policy analyst Jonathan Barr said the focus should not be mainly on promoting and expanding the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector as recent OECD study showed there is a risk of devoting too many resources. He said it is also important to work with other sectors of the economy, such as retail, health and educational services to boost the quality of jobs on offer. Among the recommendations cited in the OECD study on employment and skills strategies in the Philippines is for employers to be more engaged in hiring and training services to promote job generation.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information