The offshore gaming business has become a major contributor to office space take up in the Philippines. According to Ortigas & Co COO Thomas Mirasol, in a briefing hosted by Lamudi Philippines, the influx of offshore gaming companies – many of which are Chinese – has notably spurred demand for office space last year. For residential developments, Mirasol said, the Philippine offshore gaming operator (POGO) market is the newest and most significant change in the real estate industry. As of June this year, the country has reported 51 offshore gaming operators and most are located in the Bay Area, occupying offices ranging from 10,000 to 30,000 sqm. Michael McCullough, managing director of KMC Savills, disclosed that office take up of POGOs last year reached some 400,000 sqm. For 2018, they expect the same take up, bringing the total to some 800,000 sqm in the past two years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information