Business process outsourcing firms and international placement agencies are participating in a major jobs fair held on 21 September at the KCC Mall de Zamboanga. This jobs fair is expected to feature 6,000 job vacancies for both local and international employment positions. Of the total job vacancies on offer, 500 will be for local placement while over 5,000 will be for jobs abroad, according to the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO), the jobs fair’s organizer. Even as the jobs fair is still ongoing, CSWDO chief Maria Socorro Rojas announced that another, bigger jobs fair is scheduled to be held at the same venue from 19 to 20 October. Zamboanga, a major city in Mindanao, continues to beef up its infrastructure to further entice outsourcing locators. Currently, Davao is the preferred location for outsourcing investors wanting to operate in Mindanao.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information