Leechiu Property Consultancy president and chief executive officer David Leechiu said that online gaming can match the office demand generated by business process outsourcing (BPO) firms. Leechiu said the online gaming industry is embarking on a solid push to the countryside as major business districts in Metro Manila near full development. Leechiu, who is also a trustee of the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines, disclosed that online gaming accounts for 17% of the unprecedented 477,928 square meters of pre-committed office space and those under negotiation for this year, the second largest source of demand after the BPO industry at 38%.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information