Oracle spokeswoman Deborah Hellinger has put an end to the rumor that Oracle is set to acquire Accenture, saying the report is completely made up. She pointed out that her company never considered the idea even as Oracle has a long history of acquiring firms like NetSuite most recently for USD9.3bn, and PeopleSoft in 2005 for USD10.3bn. Hellinger, however, pointed out that Oracle and Accenture remain longtime partners. The rumour of Oracle eyeing Accenture surfaced on The Register’s website, which cited sources who said that Oracle has hired global specialists to explore the feasibility of buying Accenture, which has a market capitalisation of USD77.17bn.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information