Essar Group has announced its final exit in the BPO business after selling Aegis Ltd to a Singapore-based private equity (PE) fund manager Capital Square Partners for an estimated USD275m–USD300m. Aegis has revenues of USD400m and employs more than 40,000 people across 47 centres in 10 countries. India accounts for 25% of the firm’s revenues. The group entered the BPO business through the purchase of US-based Aegis, which then had revenues of USD60m and 1,000 employees. Three years ago, it started to monetise its investments in the BPO business by selling part of the unit—Aegis US, Philippines, and Costa Rica—to France’s Teleperformance for USD610m.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information