More global outsourcing companies are reportedly now looking at the Pacific nations as an alternative location to the world’s top outsourcing destinations India and the Philippines. According to a World Bank study, the Pacific nations, which include Fiji, Samoa and Tonga, have the potential to created thousands of jobs in online outsourcing, offshoring, and other IT-related industries. Fiji already has a global contact centre, Mindpearl. According to the report, as many as 27,000 jobs could be created across the Pacific. One of the advantages of the Pacific when it comes to outsourcing operations is its Internet speed.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information