Following the recent approval of House Bill 5636 or the Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion from the House of Representatives, Santos Knight Frank chairman and chief executive Rick Santos cited that the possible removal of the tax incentives for business process outsourcing (BPO) firms must be studied deliberately to assess its impact on the concerned sector. Santos underscored that incentives are great drivers for growth in the BPO industry. He added that the BPO sector is the country’s biggest private employer with 1.5 million direct and 3.7 million indirect employees. The sector also contributed 8% to gross domestic product, with export revenues close to USD25 billion.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information