The business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is one of the two export sectors in the Philippines that are considered as global value chain (GVC) success stories, according to the Philippine Institute for Development Studies (PIDS). The other export sector considered as GVC success story is the semiconductors and electronics industry. With the two export sectors as examples, the state think tank urged the Philippine government to create policies and programs that will assist the country’s small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in increasing their participation in GVCs. PIDS also underscored the need for policymakers to develop comprehensive and a centralized credit information system for firms and banks to utilize and improve the quality of transport systems and make electricity costs competitive.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information