The Philippine Senate has approved on third and final reading its version of the tax reform package that retains VAT exemptions for business process outsourcing (BPOs) and other industries. The Senate version of the Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN) exempts taxpayers with an income of 250,000 and below annually starting 2018. Aside from BPOs, TRAIN also gives VAT exemptions for raw food or agricultural products, health and education, as well as of senior citizens, persons with disability, and cooperatives. The sale of prescription drugs and medicines will be VAT-free for all. The TRAIN bill is set to be tackled by the Senate and the House of Representatives in the bicameral conference committee.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information