Philippine senator Grace Poe, who is also one of the presidential aspirants in the 2016 elections, has vowed to set up free wifi zones in every municipality in the country. Poe, who delivered a speech before a gathering of families of migrant workers, said not only are free wifi zones useful for families of overseas Filipino workers, they also help maintain the country’s status as one of the business process outsourcing (BPO) capitals of the world. Access to the Internet, she added, will also open doors of opportunities for the unemployed in the municipalities. Poe noted that the Philippines has a lot of catching up to do in terms of maximizing the advances in technology compared with other countries. The country’s information and communications infrastructure should not stagnate if the Philippines wants to globally competitive, she stressed.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information