IT and Business Process Association Philippines (IBPAP) chairman Danilo Sebastian Reyes said there is an opportunity for the Philippines to overtake India as the world’s leading IT-BPM servicing leader. Reyes cited the continued government support and availability of quality talent in the local labor force as among the factors that will propel the country to become the IT-BPM leader. However, Reyes said that the Philippines needs to address the industry’s biggest challenge, which is the volume of quality talent that is needed to feed the industry for it to become the world’s top market. Consequently, graduates that are being produced by universities need to match the needs of the industry, Reyes added. Reyes also called for continued government support through incentive programs to attract existing companies and generate more investment.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information