The Philippines may be one of the world’s top business process outsourcing (BPO) destinations, but the government does not have its own call center for common transactions. Senator Ralph Recto has urged the next administration to consider pooling the resources of the 10 government agencies with the most clients to put up a common call center. Industry stakeholders have suggested that the government teams up with BPO companies that can provide 24-hour contact center services. One government agency, The Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF), the housing agency in the Philippines, has already tapped the services of BPO firm Teleperformance to handle customer queries and concerns.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information