US-based call centre giant Convergys Corp is reportedly in talks to acquire Minacs, a business and technology outsourcing firm with headquarters in Canada, USA and India. Sources close to the deal said it could be worth USD500m, with a number of PE investors, including CVC Capital Partners and HIG Capital Partners expressing interest in buying the firm. Reporters, however, said the owners of Minacs have signed an exclusivity agreement with Convergys. Minacs has 35 operations centers in various locations, including the Philippines. The company was formed in its current state in 2007 following the merger of TransWorks Information Services with North American customer relationship management firm Minacs Worldwide Inc. A spokesperson for Minacs has declined to comment on the report.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information