The Philippines was ranked No. 15 in the ICT Development Index (IDI) for the Asia Pacific region. The index was released at the ITU WTIS 2017 event held in Tunisia recently. The ITU IDI is a unique benchmark of the level of ICT development in countries across the world. It combines eleven indicators on ICT access, use and skills, capturing key aspects of ICT development in one measure. IDI 2017 covers 176 economies worldwide. The Philippines’ performance had improved between 2016 and 2017. However, its worldwide rank fell from 100th place to 101th place this year. This was because other countries were more aggressive and thus outperformed the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information