The Philippines ranked 39th in a list of 193 countries in terms of cybersecurity, according to the 2017 Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) report. First launched in 2014, the GCI, effectively a cybersecurity score card, fosters a global culture of cybersecurity and its integration at the core of Information Communication Technology (ICT). The Philippines rated high in the legal aspect because of its Data Privacy Act, anti-wire tapping law, and e-commerce law. Singapore tops the list, followed by the US, Malaysia, Oman, Estonia, Mauritius, Australia, Georgia, France and Canada. The GCI classified the Philippines as one of the “maturing” countries in the area of cybersecurity strategy.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information