With its expertise in IT-business process management (IT-BPM), the Philippines is now ready to shift to full digitalization, says Depender Kumar, partner of DigiTech. With those skills it will be easier for the country to transform and adopt digital technology, and create new jobs being a “process expert”, according to Kumar. Current repetitive jobs, such as rules-based data entry coding mostly undertaken by industries such as business process outsourcing (BPO), are expected to be lost to automation, robotics and artificial intelligence. The World Economic Forum has forecast 52% of jobs will be undertaken by robots by 2025. Kumar said leveraging advances in technology is the key to remain competitive. Kumar was among 200 senior executives from across industries who attended the 8th P&A Grant Thornton Business Forum on AI’s impact on business.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information