Business process outsourcing (BPO) firms are expected to benefit from the proposed Tax Reform for Attracting Better and Higher-Quality Opportunities (TRABAHO) bill, or House Bill 8083, despite job loss fears. The bill provides for a P5 billion annual fund to pay for a skills upgrade program of the IT-BPO industry, according to the Department of Trade and Industry. Section 312 of House Bill 8083 provides, “the fund shall be used to pay for formal academic or training programs of accredited private or public schools and training centers.” Once implemented, the structural adjustment fund will be distributed within five years. Trade Undersecretary Ceferino Rodolfo said the training programs will help address fears of job losses.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information